Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

The Magick Shop
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: The Magick Shop
Sign in to follow this  
UK Pagan

[A Cauldron Full of Stars] And satisfaction brought it back

UK Pagan
"Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back." -Proverb

"HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING? DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM." 
-Terry Pratchett "Hogfather"

My curiosity takes me on the wildest tangents.  A few weeks ago, I was scrolling through a science abstract site reading through the science news as it was, and I got interested in an article about birds. My reading made me remember there was a bird I wanted to look up, which reminded me of the work of one of my mentors in archaeology who studied the Bay Area's Native American rock art and determined that they cataloged many, many bird species.  This got me thinking about sacred spaces, which is where he had done this work.  Then I wondered about maps of sacred spaces. Google can take me on some interesting journeys.

I stumbled across an article about the biodiversity of sacred sites.  Someone had figured out that sacred places, like old churchyards, have a slightly higher biodiversity score than other areas around them.  I wonder if this would hold true throughout human history, and I'm fascinated by the idea.

Another tangent has led me to the conclusion that the world's sacred places, both past, and future, need a map.  Maybe, if we could connect the plentitude of sacred places with landscapes around us, maybe we could connect more easily with the land, with our neighbors, with our inner landscapes, and with our ancestors.  I haven't the faintest idea about how to go about this, but I'm certain the map generated would show us something about us, as humans, that we hadn't known before.

The universe is a neverending source of interesting wonders to ponder, and the Earth, as a part of it, is no exception.  I come across so many fascinating things each day that I can't possibly pursue them all.  I bless you today with a drop of curiosity. May you find yourself enraptured by the thirst of knowledge, if only for a moment, and may it bring you a sense of awe at the universe around you.

View the full article

Ad from Google