Caroline Voclain

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Help to keep this website running - Become a Patron.

Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
UK Pagan

[A Cauldron Full of Stars] Learning to mother

UK Pagan
Playing "House" is a pretty normal little girl playtime.  I did it; most of the women I know did as children.  My daughter has been playing many, many things since our shelter-in-place started, but she is really, really into playing "Mommy".

She sometimes pretends I am her child, which is sometimes, such a comic mirror of myself.  She practices taking her babies to the doctor, often re-enacting her broken leg.  She takes her dolls to school. This week, she went somewhere new: she practiced having babies.  She asks questions about pregnancy and childbirth, in general, but she also loves to talk about how she and her brothers were born.  She's learned about how babies are checked on before and after birth, the first moments after a baby is born, and how babies nurse.  She latches on to details and uses them in her play.  It's an amazing thing to watch.  Play is learning, and my daughter is an expert.

I've learned, from watching her, that I am pretty proud of the job I'm doing as a mother.  My kids are okay during all this.  They are learning so much, and they're thriving.  They are curious and thirsty for experiences, and they are thoughtful.  They can be kind and communicative and funny.  They are unique. I helped them do that.

For Mother's Day, I'm patting myself on the back.  I'm taking credit, something I don't often do, and I'm celebrating not just the amazing mothers in life, but myself as well.  I am remembering that I am filled with Mother Goddess energy, and by honouring myself, I honour Her as well.  I hope that you can honour the Mother in you, whether you have children or not.  Blessings and joy to you!

View the full article

Ad from Google