Doretta Lowe

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Help to keep this website running - Become a Patron.

Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
UK Pagan

[A Cauldron Full of Stars] Learning isn't that dangerous

UK Pagan

Normal is what you know and are familiar with.  At least until you learn otherwise.  When I was a kid, I thought a near-constant stomachache was normal.  It happened to me every day.  I thought constant worrying about things happened to everyone. 

Going to college was good for me.  I learned lots of stuff:  history teachers in public school don't teach a lot of what happened; there is a reason for every cultural norm; other cultures are just as valid as my own.  I learned tolerance and understanding for many people's experiences, and I continue to try to expand that part of my education. I also learned things like anxiety and depression aren't personal failings, and that it's not normal to feel awful all the time.  I learned I wasn't alone in how felt about a lot of things, but most importantly, I learned that you could learn to live with stress in a healthier way.

After becoming a parent, it became clear that my education helped more than just me.  My husband learned new ideas that he was able to put to work.  I learned things that made explaining the world easier when my kids asked tough questions.  I am a better tutor for them than I would have been if I hadn't had an education.  I understand the news better.  I can talk with many more people comfortably.  Most of all, curiosity is contagious.  

I want to remind everyone that learning isn't just for ourselves.  Education is transmittable and investing in learning benefits far more people than just the student.  It benefits families and communities.  

I bless you with learning opportunities big and small.  I bless you with an abundance of curiosity.  I bless you with exhilarating, delightful discoveries.

View the full article

Ad from Google