Doretta Lowe

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Help to keep this website running - Become a Patron.

Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
UK Pagan

[A Cauldron Full of Stars] 13

UK Pagan

Today, my younger son, my middle child turns thirteen.  He's officially a teenager, and he's stepping into a long period of transitions.  My older son was pretty excited to be a teenager. This kid, he's pretty hesitant, but he's also very aware that childhood is leaving him. He's fond of mischief and play. he's got big ideas and a fiery approach to life that sometimes wears us out, but he's been an incredible adventure. You never know what he'll come with next.

This week, he's been trying on responsibility, reliability, and freedom.  He's not sure it suits him, but he's trying to get comfortable in his new mental and social space.  It will be a while before my family makes another transition like this. My daughter is still little enough to carry when she's unhappy.  My other son is months away from 18.  It's an interesting place to be- between the little one and the big one and with one who is just on the edge of something that is neither.

Once again, I feel the urge to call on Mercury, of all deities, to walk with my young traveler.  For his brother, I asked for protection. For this son, I ask him to help my son continue to know passion and curiosity and fun.  I ask him to protect my son from falling in with the wrong friends, and most of all, I ask him to continue to help my son see the beauty in creating change for the better.

View the full article

Ad from Google