Monica Soto

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Help to keep this website running - Become a Patron.

Help to keep UK Pagan online...
Become a Patron!
Sign in to follow this  
UK Pagan

[A Cauldron Full of Stars] Adaptation

UK Pagan

My daughter had a really rough night the other night.  I spent some time the next day trying to figure out what was going on. I asked her if she was nervous about starting school Monday.  She turned and looked at me as if I was crazy.  Then she said, "No. It's going to be great. I'm going to be fine, Mom."

She's going to be fine. All my kids are.  I'm not sure I am.  I've been tearing up all week over how much they've grown.  Very mom of me, I know.  The kids got over their disappointment over school not reopening in person, and they are already digging in to make this school year a success. It's really inspiring to see.  My oldest son took part in a Senior car parade today. The kids and the adults found a way to responsibly celebrate, maintain social distance and make a great memory.  My middle school son helped welcome the new kids via Zoom, and the TK teacher managed to make a Night Before Kindergarten surprise for the kids that my daughter is eagerly waiting for.

If we let them, kids are pretty good at adapting to a world that isn't very reliable.  I needed a reminder of that.  I think many of us do.  We're the ones who got used to things staying the same, even when it wasn't great for us.  Eventually, it was always a possibility to have a whole lot of change happening.  We just find ourselves facing all the cans that we, collectively, as a society, have been kicking down the road for the entirety of my life.  We're the ones who are confused about what to do next and how to adapt, but kids are really great at finding a way to move forward.

In my opinion, we need to let them lead for a bit. They can't mess things up any worse than previous generations did, and with their creativity and resilience and energy, they might make something stronger and better. All they need is support and for the adults to let them try.  If you are making space for younger people to make their mark, I congratulate you. I don't think you'll regret kid. Kids are pretty awesome.

View the full article

Ad from Google