Doretta Lowe

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Please consider supporting us to help keep our Website and Facebook groups online. Become a Patron!

beltane ritual dont know where to start

TheWolfMoon

Hey , beltane is coming up soon and i was wondering what kind of ritual should i do  we cant go to the one in Edinburgh due to lockdown

and i wanted to do something for it , i have no clue where to start or what it involves  i have very limited knoledge of this kinda thing i did go to the beltane fire ritual in Edinburgh a number of years ago before i met my partner  and that must have been 20 years ago or more

You are the world’s leading expert on The Wolf Moonism.

Don’t worry about what the rest of us do.

Just go to wherever you think speaks to you about the Beltane message. That message is just for you.  It isn’t the same one that I or anyone else receives.

Sit or stand under a tree, in the middle of a grassy patch, on a tarmac car park if that is all that’s available.  Wherever you feel that the season is talking to you.

Then:  Listen. Quiet your mind and let thoughts and impressions arrive.

After you’ve listened and if you want to say something then say it.

If you want to sing something song it. (No matter what)

Of you want to recite something recite it.

All this can be going on inside your head.  No one except yourself needs to hear anything.

When you think you’ve finished say something that suggests to you and the spirit of where you are standing/sitting/propped up that you are grateful (if you are grateful ) and are leaving. “Bye” is perfectly reasonable.

Formal or traditional formula is really only necessary when a number of people want to say things together.  Were you to join a group then you would find ways of coordinating your conversation with the spirit of Beltane.

Above all..... be wholehearted, don’t hold back, enjoy it.

(Oh and sex is a perfectly traditional preparation or follow on but not in the car park.)

Edited by Moonsmith
To make sure that you didn’t feel the need to embarrass yourself by singing etc in public.
Earthdragon

One thing that Beltane entails ia having a fire and a good knees up 😁 

My advice as to doing something more formal, well the energies of Spring have come of age so try speaking out to them in any way that feels good and from your heart. 

Edited by Earthdragon

Entirely up to you, as those above have indicated.  It is likely I will do nothing - as is up to me...!