Welcome Guest!

Welcome to UK Pagan; The Valley

Like most online communities we require you to register for an account before we give you access to read and post.

Only a small number of our forum areas can be read without registering for an account.

Moonlight Forest
Please consider visiting our kind sponsor: Moonlight Forest
Guest Volkswillow

Back To Basics?

Guest Volkswillow

This may sound silly and fluffy to everyone but bear with me :lol:

I'd always, for some reason, believed in what I belive in (whether you'd call it pagan or not I don't know. I would) I somehow believed, though that it was OK for me to believe, but not to meddle, or go any further - I didn't feel ready, or someone didn't think I was ready, but that I'd find the way forward when I was. (was enough of a grown up, when I could understand it more, when I wasn't so dumb, or one of the other terms I've used, over the years)

Although, as it was put recently, I 'know' my beliefs are true, I can't get my head round any other religion or belief system, I sometimes wonder if it's just a way I've persuaded myself, through wanting to believe "this one".

Surely if it's the Godess or God, or earth, or some elemental force is there to do the calling, they get it right, first time - it wouldn't be a case of "we'll have that one, but not yet"

If anyone has any words of wisdom, they'd be gratefully recieved, especially about how I can find MY truth without getting myself brainwashed, or being led into the answers someone else wants to hear

Thanks,

Lieah

Ad from Google

Guest Dimitri

If anyone has any words of wisdom, they'd be gratefully recieved, especially about how I can find MY truth without getting myself brainwashed, or being led into the answers someone else wants to hear

96901[/snapback]

Hey sugarplum!

YOUR truth is inside you. That is where you must look :blink:

Sure, listening to others saying "I find that if I do *this* it works wonders" will help so that you can gain perspectives and try things out to see if it also works for you. Just don't take eveything you hear/read as absolute. Everyone has their own way and following your heart (while keeping your sensible head) is the best way to tell what is right for you.

Guest Earthangel

Some times your path is blocked from your view (it usually means your not ready to see it yet) I was told by my spirit guides that I would know my true path when I reached 27 (at the time I was about 21) and they were right...At the age of 27 I regretted not knowing sooner.....but EVERYTHING happens for a reason....

Just be patient....all will be revealed .... :blink:

Earthangel :unsure:

Ember Autumn Rose

*reviving*

It's not silly, fluffy, or dumb. I think it is very rare to find anyone who hasn't at least once doubted themselves, overthought a situation, or considered taking a side-step elsewhere to see where it leads. Life involves a lot of curiosity and experimentation.

I think the one piece of advice I would share would be to follow and learn about what is intriguing you at the time. You don't have to be frozen by your past, nor do you have to think about a "final" destination. Be genuine, but also be honest in your experiences - do things because you want/feel a need to, not because someone "expects" it of you or tells you that it must be done that. exact. way. or. else.

As for the gods being perfect... Regardless of whether you see them as literal or metaphorical, I think they make mistakes like the rest of us. Some are just less honest about it.

• Like 2